June 29, 2010

The Name of this Book is Secret - by Pseudonymous Bosch

I didn't know what to expect from this book.  Was the author just a Lemony Snicket wannabe?  What's with this whole secret title thing?  Of course I had to read it and find out. Once I picked it up, I didn't really want to set it down, but my hungry toddler made sure I did, at least long enough to shovel some food into his mouth.

So what is this book all about?  These two kids who have nothing in common become friends, outsmart all the adults, and save the world from some really creepy villains.  I could tell you more, but why ruin the secret?  If you like odd characters, twisted plots, authors who like to slip their own comments in here and there (like Mr. Snicket), interesting smells, or really old ladies who look really young, you might want to check out this series.  Seriously.

No comments: