July 15, 2011

Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians - by Jarett J. Krosoczka

I had high hopes for this book because my 2-year-old loves this author's picture book so much (Punk Farm, Bath Tub Pirates, My Buddy Slug, Giddy Up Cowgirl), but it was a bit of a disappointment.  It was a little hard to follow, the plot was pretty weak, and it just didn't hold my attention.  I'm obviously not the target audience for this book, and it may be just right for an early reader who wants to move from comics to graphic novels.

The illustrations are great and the characters are pretty goofy, so there's something redeeming about the book, but I would never spend money on any book in this series.  There are so many good graphic novel series out there, keep looking and you'll find something more interesting.

No comments: